MISSION FEDERAL CREDIT UNION AGREEMENTS AND DISCLOSURES
Online Banking Agreements and Disclosures
The terms and conditions of this Agreement shall apply to and govern your electronic access and use of all Mission Federal Credit Union ("Mission Fed") online banking services ("Service" or "Services") currently offered or that may be offered in the future. In this Agreement, the words "Credit Union", "Branches", "us", "we", "our", "MFCU", or "Mission Fed" means Mission Federal Credit Union and all agents, independent contractors, designees, or assignees of Mission Fed. The words "you", "your", "signer", and "owner" refer to you the member(s)/owner(s)/signer(s), as well as anyone you permit to access your account(s). The word "Services" refers to all online services, including but not limited, to Mission Link, Mobile Banking and Bill Payment. All agreements, disclosures, rules and regulations applicable to your account, including other agreements you have with Mission Fed, now or in the future, remain in effect and are made a part of this Agreement by reference unless specifically modified.
1. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT You agree that by using the Services, or allowing another to access your account(s) via the Services, that you have received a copy of, and agree to be bound by, the Agreements and Disclosures of the most recent Mission Fed Account Agreements and Disclosures, Truth in Savings Act Disclosure, Checking Account Disclosure, all applicable loan disclosures, and these Online Banking Agreements and Disclosures. These Agreements and Disclosures constitute the agreement between you and us related to the Services and supplement any other agreement or disclosure related to any of your accounts. In the event of a conflict between these Agreements and Disclosures and any other agreement or disclosure related to any of your Accounts, any statement by our employees or agents, or any representation or statement relating to the Services, these Agreements and Disclosures shall control. If any part of these Agreements and Disclosures are deemed invalid, the remainder will remain in full force and effect. Mission Fed reserves the right to amend, modify, revoke, or cancel the Services and the terms of these Agreements and Disclosures in accordance with applicable law. By using the Services after the effective date of any change or amendment, you agree to that change or amendment. You may not assign these Agreements and Disclosures, or any of your rights or responsibilities under these Agreements and Disclosures, to any other party. We may assign these Agreements and Disclosures, and any or all of our rights and/or responsibilities under these Agreements and Disclosures, or delegate any or all of such rights and responsibilities, to any third party or parties.
2. MEMBER NUMBER/USER IDENTIFICATION To access Services, you must use your Member Number (or User ID) and password. You may change your Member Number to a customized User ID. Some Services may not support logon with a User ID and you will be required to use your Member Number.
3. PASSWORD A password is required to access Services in conjunction with your Member Number/User ID. You will be issued a temporary password and asked to choose your own password the first time you login. To help safeguard your password, you should change it frequently. Your password can be used to access money and information about your accounts; you are responsible for keeping your password and account data confidential. You agree you will not provide or give access to your password to any person not authorized to transact on your account(s). Disclosing your password constitutes authorization for use by others and you agree to be liable for their actions.
4. CHALLENGE QUESTIONS In addition to using your Member Number/User ID and password to confirm your identity, Mission Fed utilizes additional security measures to authenticate your identity. You will be required to select challenge questions from a list provided when you first login to online Services, as well as provide answers to each of those questions. When providing answers to the challenge questions please remember that you, or other joint members, will need to provide the exact answer in the same format if that question is presented for identity confirmation. You will be asked challenge questions when the Service deems additional authentication is needed for account access. You should safeguard your challenge question answers in the same manner as your password. Select Services also feature enhanced security measures, such as Password Reset, which allows you or a joint member to reset your password online should you forget it.
5. TRANSACTIONS Subject to system availability, you may initiate transactions at any time seven (7) days a week, 24 hours a day. However, business days are Monday through Friday excluding holidays. For share savings and money market accounts, you are restricted to a maximum of six (6) transfers or withdrawals during each statement period to another account of yours or to a third party by means of preauthorized or automatic transfer/withdrawal and online or phone request in accordance with federal regulations. The transfer and withdrawal limitations are per share account, regardless of the type of transfer or withdrawal. Payments to select Mission Fed loans may be made as transfers. Payments to Mission Fed real estate loans not accessible through MissionLink and Mobile Banking may be made using Bill Payment. Loan payments for all loan types with us must be completed on or before the close of business on the payment due date. If the payment due date falls on a weekend or holiday, the loan payment must be in the designated share or transferred to the loan by the close of business on the preceding business day, unless special credit card payment rules apply. Principal only loan payments cannot be made through the Services. Transfers or payments cannot be performed on loans that are 60 or more days past due.
6. TRANSFERS You can make transfers from your share savings, money market, and checking accounts as well as your line of credit and credit card loan accounts. You may make immediate funds transfers, and in MissionLink within the same master account schedule reoccurring transfers for future dates. Future dated transfers will occur on the scheduled date after 2:00 pm Pacific time. Transfers that are scheduled but fail to take place can be located on the Transfer History page under the "Status" column.
7. FEES Currently, there is no charge to use the Services. Refer to the current Consumer Fee Schedule. You are responsible for any and all telephone access fees and/or Internet service fees that may be assessed by your telephone and/or Internet service provider. Mission Fed reserves the right to charge for Services. You will be given notice, in accordance with applicable law, before Mission Fed implements fees related to the Services.
8. CANCELLATION OF SERVICES You may cancel Services by writing to Mission Fed, Contact Center, P.O. Box 919023, San Diego, CA 92191, sending a secure message through MissionLink, telephoning us at 858.524.2850 or 800.500.6328 or visiting any branch. Electronic delivery of your statements, notices and disclosures is required for eChecking and mPower accounts. Please note that it takes up to 10 (ten) business days to process a cancellation request. Termination will not affect your liability or obligations under these Agreements and Disclosures for transactions already processed on your behalf. We may terminate your use of the Services, in whole or in part, for any reason at any time without prior notice. Your access may, for example, be terminated if any of your accounts are closed or access to any of your accounts is restricted, for any reason. We reserve the right to discontinue your enrollment in the Services after 6 months of inactivity.
9. LIABILITY FOR FAILURE TO COMPLETE TRANSACTIONS If Mission Fed does not complete a transaction on time or is in the correct amount according to our Agreement with you, we may be liable for your losses and damages, however, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable for incomplete transactions under the following circumstances, including, but not limited to: through no fault of Mission Fed you do not have available funds in your account to make the transfer; if the funds in your account are subject to legal process, dispute, or other encumbrance restricting the transfer; if the account is subject to a pledge or security agreement; if there is a malfunction in a Service system or your communication with a Service; if any loan on your account is more than 60 days delinquent; and, if circumstances beyond Mission Feds control, such as fire, flood, or power failure prevent transaction completion.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY Except as otherwise provided in these Agreements and Disclosures or by law, you hereby expressly release and discharge us so that we are not responsible for any loss, injury, or damage, whether direct, indirect, special, or consequential, economic or otherwise, caused by the Services or your use of the Services. We are not responsible for any products or services relating to your access device, other than those specified in these Agreements and Disclosures. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we are not responsible for any loss, damage or injury resulting from (a) an interruption in electrical power, telephone or Internet service; (b) the disconnection of your telephone or Internet service by your service provider (c) deficiencies in communication quality; or (d) any defect or malfunction of equipment you use to access Services.
11. NOTICE OF YOUR RIGHTS AND LIABILITIES Notify us immediately if you believe your password has been lost or stolen. Telephoning us is the best way to keep potential losses to a minimum. If you believe your password has been lost or stolen or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from any of your accounts without your permission, contact us by telephone at 858.524.2850 or 800.500.6328, in writing to Mission Fed, Contact Center, P.O. Box 919023, San Diego, CA 92191, or visiting any branch. If you tell us within two (2) Business Days after you discover that your password has been lost or stolen, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your password without your permission. If you do NOT tell us within two (2) Business Days after you learn of the loss or theft of your password, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your password without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500. Also, if your statement shows payments or transfers that you did not make or authorize, contact us immediately. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the sixty (60) days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time. If a good reason (such as a long trip or hospital stay) prevented you from telling us, we may extend the time periods.
13. DATA RECORDING When you use the Services, information you enter to conduct transactions, account inquiries or other information will be recorded. By using the Services, you consent to such recording. We may also monitor your calls to our member service representatives for training purposes or to assure service quality.
Consent and Notice Regarding Electronic Communications
1. ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE AGREEMENT By selecting the "I Accept" button, you are signing the Agreements related to the Services electronically. By selecting "I Accept" you consent to be legally bound by the Agreements terms and conditions. You further agree that your use of a key pad, mouse or other device to select an item, button, icon or similar act/action, or to otherwise provide Mission Fed instructions via the Services, or in accessing or making any transaction regarding any agreement, acknowledgement, consent terms, disclosures or conditions constitutes your signature (hereafter referred to as "E-Signature"), acceptance and agreement as if actually signed by you in writing. You also agree that no certification authority or other third party verification is necessary to validate your E-Signature and that the lack of such certification or third party verification will not in any way affect the enforceability of your E-Signature or any resulting contract between you and Mission Fed. You also represent that you are authorized to enter into this Agreement for all persons who own or are authorized to access any of your accounts and that such persons will be bound by the terms of this Agreement. You further agree that each use of your E-Signature when accessing any Mission Fed online service constitutes your agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and other applicable agreements, as they exist on the date of your E-Signature.
2. CONSENT TO ELECTRONIC DELIVERY You specifically agree to receive and/or obtain any and all MissionLink related "Electronic Communications" (defined below) via MissionLink, Mobile Banking, Bill Payment and/or email. The term "Electronic Communications" includes, but is not limited to, any and all current and future notices and disclosures that we provide to you electronically, as well as documents, statements, data, records and all other communications regarding your relationship with Mission Fed. You acknowledge that you meet the hardware and software requirements to access MissionLink (listed below) and can retain Electronic Communications by printing and/or downloading and saving agreements, Electronic Communications, documents, or records related to all Mission Fed online services. You accept Electronic Communications provided via MissionLink, Mobile Banking, Bill Payment and email as reasonable and proper notice, for the purpose of any and all laws, rules, and regulations, and agree that such electronic form fully satisfies any requirement that such communications be provided to you in writing or in a form that you may keep.
3. PAPER VERSION OF ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS You may request a paper version of any Electronic Communication within 90 days or a paper copy of your statement by contacting us by telephone at 858.524.2850 or 800.500.6328, secure mail through MissionLink or visiting any branch. There is a fee for each copy requested. Refer to the current Consumer Fee Schedule.
4. TERMINATION OF ELECTRONIC DELIVERY You have the right, upon 10-day notice, to withdraw your consent to receive/obtain Electronic Communications at any time. You acknowledge that Mission Fed reserves the right to restrict or terminate your access to MissionLink if you withdraw your consent to receive Electronic Communications. You may withdraw your consent by secure mail through MissionLink, or by written and signed request to Mission Federal Credit Union, P.O. Box 919023, San Diego, CA 9219, by telephone at 858.524.2850 or 800.500.6328 or by visiting any branch.
5. VALID AND CURRENT EMAIL ADDRESS, NOTIFICATIONS AND UPDATES Your current valid email address is required in order for you to utilize Services. You agree to keep Mission Fed informed of any changes in your email address. You may modify your email address by accessing the "Member Services" tab within MissionLink. If you have multiple master accounts at Mission Fed, you are required to update your e-mail address for each account. Mission Fed may notify you through email when updated disclosures and agreements are available. It is your responsibility to use MissionLink regularly to check for Electronic Communications.
6. HARDWARE, SOFTWARE AND OPERATING SYSTEM You must have a device capable of supporting the current version of one of the following Internet browsers: Internet Explorer, FireFox or Safari. You are responsible for installation, maintenance, and operation of devices used to access Mission Fed Services. Mission Fed is not responsible for errors, failures, or malfunctions of any device used, or attempted to use, for account access. Mission Fed is also not responsible for viruses or related problems associated with use of any online system. Statements, notices, tax forms and disclosures will be available in a PDF file format; you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the forms and access to a printer to print the forms. Adobe Acrobat Reader may be downloaded at the time of document retrieval.